Who can apply?
Applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply for a fellowship: EU member states, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Israel, Kosovo, Morocco, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Türkiye, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
What can be funded?
The fellowship grants access to international working groups and allows for active participation and involvement in a group that can continue after the fellowship ends.
Duration of the funding
The fellowship cannot be extended.
- a monthly fellowship instalment of 2,000 Euros
- payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- a lump sum towards international travel costs
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Green Mobility Top Up (Support for climate-friendly travel) or partial reimbursement of carbon offset payments for air travel
- Grant for active participation in a congress
The selection criteria are:
- Academic performance (general grade point average, grade development, dissertation grade)
- Course of studies and doctorate
- Academic achievements after graduation, (e.g. publications, lectures, conference papers)
- Quality of research proposal and preparation (originality, topicality and relevance of the project, choice of host institution and first contacts)
- Feasibility and consistency of research plan and schedule (analysis and evaluation stages)
- Suitability of the applicant’s profile and the research project to the objectives of the program (potential for personal and professional development, use of international networking in the working groups as well as own active contributions in the working groups)
For further information on the selection procedure, please refer to the Important Scholarship Information / Section E.