- Admission to a German higher education institution. The university must be state or state-recognised.
- The course of study is face-to-face and full-time.
- Students whose studies have not exceeded 3 semesters are eligible to apply. It is not possible to apply for the scholarship for a postgraduate Master's programme only.
- Applicants must not yet have completed a degree that is recognised in Germany or has been classified as equivalent to a German degree.
- monthly stipend of up to 812 EUR plus 300 EUR allowance for study costs
- individual mentoring
- additional support
- 15 October to 1 March (midnight) for funding beginning in the winter semester
- 15 April to 1 September (midnight) for funding beginning in the summer semester